Are you wondering how to give your home a unique look, highlight and sophistication without paying too much money?! Are you thinking how to separate the area between the walls and ceiling/ floor or disguise visible cutting details of paper or paint? There is a wide range of options of baseboards and crown mouldings in Toronto that will easily solve your problems. What is more, the combination of choices in style and cuts, omitting mention of options in colours, sizes is almost endless. With the era of modern construction methods, it has become easier to find pre-made designs from a more classic Victorian look to a more streamlined modern one to fit your home’s décor. For example, Wood stained mouldings offer a warm and cozy feel, while Georgian style lend your room a historical air. Federal style or Early American style will help make your room look larger, Colonial Revival matches high or vaulted walls and ceilings. Federal style or Early American style mouldings will help make your room look larger, if you have rooms with low ceilings. Wood stained mouldings offer a warm and cozy feel, while Georgian style lend your room a historical air. Colonial Revival matches high or vaulted ceilings.
Choosing your own crown moulding and baseboard installation, pay attention to some details, such as:
- Vinyl cove baseboard is an appropriate choice for a bathroom or kitchen, but not for a living room.
- If you use natural resources to add an element of beauty is possible with reclaimed timber crown molding.
- A neat and unobtrusive way to hide cables and audio and communication wires in your home theater is to use hollow PVC crown molding.
- To accent a ceiling of stamped metal panels is a good way with tin or aluminum crown molding.
- Around corners and arched doorways look better with flexible polyurethane moldings.
- If you choose paintable molding, trim your room with a contasting colour of your wall paint to add a fresh, eye-popping look.
- On the other hand, baseboard moulding that contrasts with floor and wall colours can draw attention to exceptional floor materials or patterns.
The choice between a professional or DIY job is largely dependent upon your skill level and financial considerations. Both baseboard and crown molding installation requires patience, efficiency, and the correct tools. DIY process of measuring and fitting of baseboards can be risky and tricky because of improper measurements, shoddy carpentry and ill-fitting joints; you may prefer to hire a contractor, for example, House Renovations company. Since it produces the parts for your baseboards and crown mouldings in the shop, they can offer you first-class skilled performance than any store-bought one along with seamless and easy installation. Baseboard installation can be very quick and simple procedure if you hire a specialist.